[flashboot] New binary release of Flashboot 4.7 + a warning!

Rickard Dahlstrand rd at tilde.se
Thu Oct 14 02:16:23 EST 2010

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the lack of updates the last few versions. There are two reasons. The first is that we found a bootloader-issue that caused kernel-only updates from 4.3 to fail while booting, this is now handled (see below). The second reason is life, it keep getting in the way of more important stuff. ;)

The bootloader issue is rather serious and means that you can't just upload a new kernel to your pre-4.4 boxes. instead you need to update the bootloader before you do the upgrade. Failure to follow this advice will render your device unable to boot the new kernel. You have been warned!

However, we have packed everything together in a nice tgz and made some easy to follow instructions, they can be downloaded here http://www.tilde.se/flashboot/download/4.7/mdec.tgz

As usual all the binary images are available at http://www.tilde.se/flashboot/

Kind Regards, Rickard.

PS. Also, I have a new web-server now that should stay up, sorry for that.