[netflow-tools] "Unsupported datalink type 113"

Tony and Robyn Lewis gnutered at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 17 13:34:23 EST 2005

Moving right along (after using gcc-3.3, not gcc-4)

If I try to run softflowd against my ppp0. I get a datalink error:

me at mymachine:~/softflowd-0.9.7$ sudo ./softflowd -d -D -i ppp0
-nlocalhost:2205
Unsupported datalink type 113

My ppp0 is PPPoE.  In the header file, I see DLT_LINUX_SLL is 113, for
"Linux cooked sockets".

At the limit of my knowledge on this, but am I running into grief
because it's PPPoE and not pure PPP?  Is there a good fix for this, like
can we add a definition for DLT_LINUX_SLL in the lt[] array?

Many thanks for prompt help thusfar :-)

Tony