[netflow-tools] freebsd 6.1, pflowd, and virtual IPs

Emerald City / Daniel Duerr dd at emeraldcityeg.com
Fri Jul 7 02:52:30 EST 2006

Hello,

I've successfully deployed pflowd on my freebsd 6.1-STABLE w/PF
router/firewall and have it feeding its netflows to my collector on
another machine.  This router/firewall does bidirectional 1:1 NAT for a
bunch of dedicated servers at a colo facility, so its got a bunch of
virtual IPs assigned to its outside interface in addition to its own IP.
  Everything is working fine between the flow generator & collector,
except that all the traffic is being reported against the primary IP of
the router/firewall, not the virtual IPs that the traffic were used on.
  Anyone know of a way to make it behave the way I'd like?  I use this
for traffic accounting purposes so it is critical that I have this level
of detail...

Thanks,
Daniel