[netflow-tools] creating socket file (logsock)

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed May 24 19:35:56 EST 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Humphrey Widjaja wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using logsock in Fedora 4.
>
> But I see this error messages:
>
> When the socket file is not created:
> "connect to logsock: No such file or directory"

I can't tell without some more context, but I would guess that you
have specified a logsock in a directory that does not exist.

Could you send you configuration and the full output of flowd.conf?

Also remember that logsock is still pretty experimental :)

> when creating the socket file with "mknod <socketfile> p":
> "connect to logsock: Connection refused"

No, don't do that - the log socket is created automatically.

-d