[netflow-tools] CentOS Logsocket Issues

Nick Cappelletti nick at switchtower.org
Sun Apr 14 05:25:12 EST 2013

Hey everyone,

I hope someone can help me out here. I'm attempting to configure flowd to send the created flows to a socket on a CentOS 6.4 server, but I'm not having any success.

I'm using version 0.9.1 and I've tested it on a Debian server, so I know the logsocket functionality works.

Is there perhaps a package I need to install to get the logsocket functionality to work?

Here is my configuration:

####

pidfile "/var/run/flowd.pid"
logsock "/var/log/flowdata.socket"
logfile "/var/flowdata"
listen on 0.0.0.0:9995
listen on [::]:9995
store ALL
accept all

####

Here is the output from when I run flowd in debug mode:

####

read_config: entering
child_get_config: entering
drop_privs: dropping privs without chroot
send_config: entering fd = 4
send_config: done
child_get_config: child config done
recv_config: entering fd = 3
recv_config: ready to receive config
Listener for [0.0.0.0]:9995 fd = 3
Adjusted socket receive buffer from 229376 to 524288
Setting socket send buf to 1024
Listener for [::]:9995 fd = 4
Adjusted socket receive buffer from 229376 to 524288
Setting socket send buf to 1024
privsep_init: entering
drop_privs: dropping privs with chroot
init_pfd: entering (num_fds = 0)
init_pfd: done (num_fds = 3)
client_open_log: entering
answer_open_log: entering
client_open_socket: entering
answer_open_socket: entering
connect to logsock: No such file or directory
receive_fd: recvmsg: expected received 1 got 0

###

Thanks for any help!

--Nick Cappelletti