ANNOUNCE: openssh-1.2.1pre23

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Dec 30 17:01:39 EST 1999

openssh-1.2.1pre23 is available on:

http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh/files/

Highlights of this release:

- - A cleanup of the PAM code (it now lives in auth-pam.[ch]). This
also fixes a bug where sshd was ignoring a "PermitRootLogin
without-password" directive.

- - David Randkin's SOCKS support using the Dante libraries. I have not
tested this because I don't have Dante. Instructions and links to
Dante are in the INSTALL document.

- - Automatically detect path to perl installation

- - Fixed broken --wth-default-path option

- - Much tidying up of source files, etc.

- - Portability fixes

19991230
 - OpenBSD CVS updates:
   - [auth-passwd.c]
     check for NULL 1st
 - Removed most of the pam code into its own file auth-pam.[ch]. This
   cleaned up sshd.c up significantly.
 - Several other cleanups
 - Merged Dante SOCKS support patch from David Rankin
  <drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
 - Updated documentation with ./configure options

19991229
 - Applied another NetBSD portability patch from David Rankin
   <drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
 - Fix --with-default-path option.
 - Autodetect perl, patch from David Rankin
   <drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
 - Print whether OpenSSH was compiled with RSARef, patch from
   Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin at thermo.stat.ncsu.edu>
 - Calls to pam_setcred, patch from Nalin Dahyabhai
   <nalin at thermo.stat.ncsu.edu>
 - Detect missing size_t and typedef it.
 - Rename helper.[ch] to (more appropriate) bsd-misc.[ch]
 - Minor Makefile cleaning

Regards,
Damien Miller

- --