ANNOUNCE: openssh-1.2.1pre18

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Fri Dec 17 00:23:41 EST 1999

Solaris 7/x86:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/slocal/include -DETCDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DSSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/slocal/bin/ssh\" -DSSH_ASKPASS_DEFAULT=\"/usr/slocal/libexec/ssh/ssh-askpass\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c canohost.c -o canohost.o
canohost.c: In function `get_remote_hostname':
canohost.c:62: warning: subscript has type `char'
canohost.c: In function `peer_connection_is_on_socket':
canohost.c:163: `AF_INET6' undeclared (first use in this function)
canohost.c:163: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
canohost.c:163: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [canohost.o] Error 1

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Damien Miller wrote:

> I have just uploaded 1.2.1pre18.
>
> This is mainly merges from the OpenBSD tree, bugfixes for Solaris
> and libc5 Linux systems. It should fix all reported bugs except the
> snprintf problems on some older Solaris versions.
>
> Please test thoroughly, my hope is to have a stable version
> released before Jan 1. At this point the main holdup is Solaris.
>
> I have had to disbale direct downloads from violet.ibs.com.au,
> demand for OpenSSH is saturating our little ISDN connection.
> I notice that:
>
> ftp://ftp.localhost.ca/pub/openssh/files/ (Canada)
> ftp://ftp.firedrake.org/openssh/files/ (UK)
> ftp://thermo.stat.ncsu.edu/pub/openssh/files/ (USA *only*)
>
> have already updated.
>
> Regards,
> Damien
>
> Changelog:
>
> 19991216
>  - Makefile changes for Solaris from Peter Kocks
>    <peter.kocks at baygate.com>
>  - Minor updates to docs
>  - Merged OpenBSD CVS changes:
>    - [authfd.c ssh-agent.c]
>      keysize warnings talk about identity files
>    - [packet.c]
>      "Connection closed by x.x.x.x": fatal() -> log()
>  - Correctly handle empty passwords in shadow file. Patch from:
>    "Chris, the Young One" <cky at pobox.com>
>  - Released 1.2.1pre18
>
> 19991215
>  - Integrated patchs from Juergen Keil <jk at tools.de>
>    - Avoid void* pointer arithmatic
>    - Use LDFLAGS correctly
>    - Fix SIGIO error in scp
>    - Simplify status line printing in scp
>  - Added better test for inline functions compiler support from
>    Darren_Hall at progressive.com
>
> 19991214
>  - OpenBSD CVS Changes
>    - [canohost.c]
>      fix get_remote_port() and friends for sshd -i;
>      Holger.Trapp at Informatik.TU-Chemnitz.DE
>    - [mpaux.c]
>      make code simpler. no need for memcpy. niels@ ok
>    - [pty.c]
>      namebuflen not sizeof namebuflen; bnd at ep-ag.com via djm at mindrot.org
>      fix proto; markus
>    - [ssh.1]
>       typo; mark.baushke at solipsa.com
>    - [channels.c ssh.c ssh.h sshd.c]
>      type conflict for 'extern Type *options' in channels.c; dot at dotat.at
>    - [sshconnect.c]
>      move checking of hostkey into own function.
>    - [version.h]
>      OpenSSH-1.2.1
>  - Clean up broken includes in pty.c
>  - Some older systems don't have poll.h, they use sys/poll.h instead
>  - Doc updates
>
> 19991211
>  - Fix compilation on systems with AFS. Reported by
>    aloomis at glue.umd.edu
>  - Fix installation on Solaris. Reported by
>    Gordon Rowell <gordonr at gormand.com.au>
>  - Fix gccisms (__attribute__ and inline). Report by edgy at us.ibm.com,
>    patch from Markus Friedl <markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
> [...]

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"