Hosting openssh's CVS repository

Brian Kifiak bk at rt.fm
Sun Dec 3 22:00:57 EST 2000

> It's a pity that this might confuse people.

redhat set it up like this, no?  are they trying to confuse people?
or maybe it's just for brand recognition.  who knows.

> Please note that sources.redhat.com is a box which is in no way
> inside of the Red Hat network.

oh?  it's certainly dependant on redhat.com's dns, no?  also,

   http://sources.redhat.com/mission.html
   "... Red Hat is pleased to provide sources.redhat.com ..."

not to mention the redhat logo on everything in
http://sources.redhat.com/*.

gee, who'd have thought this was inside redhat's network?

polluting some (much?) of the userbase by choosing sourceforge (va)
or sources (redhat) isn't -- in my opinion -- such a great idea.
(it would pollute because not everyone loves va and redhat.)