OpenSSH, Kth kerberos, and Digital Unix

Kevin Sullivan ksulliva at psc.edu
Fri Dec 15 00:39:54 EST 2000

I've compiled OpenSSH 2.3.0p1 with Kerberos 4 from Kth (1.0.4).  We use AFS
heavily and need the AFS token passing features.  This combo is working
great on Irix and NetBSD/{alpha,i386}, but it's dying on Digital Unix (4.0f
and 5.0).

"ssh -v hostname" dumps core in des_pcbc_encrypt() after "Trying Kerberos
authentication".  My suspicion is that the des routines from OpenSSL and
Kerberos are getting confused by the linker, but I'm not sure how to test
that or fix it.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions?

	-Kevin