scp without permitting shell access, possible?

Jos Backus josb at cncdsl.com
Fri Dec 15 13:05:26 EST 2000

[My apologies if this question is deemed inappropriate for this list.]

Using OpenSSH, is it possible for a program/script to copy files with known
filenames from a remote server (running sshd), without allowing (interactive)
ssh access to that server? I.e. ``ssh server ls'' or ``ssh server'' should not
be possible (for security reasons), but ``scp server:file .'' should.

Thanks,
--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        "Modularity is not a hack."
                          _/  _/   _/                -- D. J. Bernstein