EGD requirement a show stopper for me

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Jan 29 08:23:05 EST 2000

Yo Matt!

Let me know if you need any help porting.  I have access to Slowlaris,
UnixWare and Linux hosts.  Something like this is sorely needed.

It would be nice if it had an easy way to plug in randomness sources
without regard to OS.  A lot of crypto guys do things like take
the LSB of the audio input noise, etc...  Everyone it seems has
their own pet entropy source.   This is an especially annoying
problem on a firewall that otherwise has little activity.

Be sure to talk to some crypto hardcores early on, they are real
fussy about true randomness.

RGDS
GARY

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Matt Richards wrote:

> I'm currently working on a random number generator. From rfc1750, I'm
> trying to get a cypher feedback implementation. I was going to do
> the Blum Blum Shub, but I think it would be to computationally intensive.

Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Ave, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676