Test snapshot

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Wed Jul 12 03:25:34 EST 2000

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Kevin Steves wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 kengelha at advance-bank.de wrote:
> > : strsep doesn't seem to be supported on hpux (same on solaris)...
> > Is it possible
> >
> > Yes, HP-UX libc doesn't have strsep().
>
> Forgot about this one :(
>
> A new snapshot with a strsep fresh from OpenBSD's libc is available
> at:
>
> http://www.mindrot.org/misc/junk/openssh-SNAP-2000071103.tar.gz

Snapshot works like a charm under m68k NeXT, but fails under
HPPA NeXT in bsd-inet_aton.c since 'in_addr_t' is not defined.  The
following should be inserted after the #include statments.

#ifndef in_addr_t
typedef u_int32_t in_addr_t
#endif

Unsure how this effect the new IPv6 platform.  But I suspect that
all those should have a valid  inet_aton.c  so it's just the old IPv4
boxes we have to worry about. =)

You can remove the warning about expecting scp to failing in the
configure script.

Only minor thing (non-show stopper) is during the xauth check it
attempts to use 'dirname'  which does not exists and just gives an
error and goes on with the configure process.   Since NeXT (by default)
has no xauth it does not effect the compile.

Which leaves the NeXT Port usable, but with two bugs.  (Yay.. <sigh>)

1) utmp/wtmp brokenness (partly related to ttyslot issues)
2) ^C/^Z not returning echo to the shell when at the password
   prompt of 'ssh'.

Ben Lindstrom