Post-compile RSA error with 1.2.2, Solaris 7, OpenSSL 0.9.5

Rip Loomis rip at clark.net
Thu Mar 2 07:01:26 EST 2000

Ben--
Sorry I wasn't clear in my first message.  I *have*
rebuilt OpenSSL 0.9.5 linked against the RSAREF2 code,
but OpenSSH still can't find any RSA support.  (The
error message is exactly the same).  That tends to
indicate that the problem isn't in OpenSSL, it's
in the configuration of my local system or in the
way OpenSSH autoconf works.  (Another message
asked if I was sure that RSA was enabled in
OpenSSL--the answer is yes, since I compiled
OpenSSL myself, and RSA is enabled by default).

It looks as though even though the autoconf notes
that it found OpenSSL, there's a problem with my
library paths such that libssl can't be found.
I'm not sure yet, but I'm guessing that the problem
is at runtime rather than compile time.

If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to send them
directly to me, and I'll summarize to the list
when I sort things out.  Thanks--

    --Rip