va_list problems on Solaris

David G. Hesprich dghespri at sprintparanet.com
Wed Mar 8 16:51:31 EST 2000

> However, I screwed up and downgraded gcc from 2.95.1 to 2.8.1, which left
> version 2.95.1 of gcc in /usr/ucb/cc, and version 2.8.1 in
> /usr/local/bin/gcc. Removing the errant binary from /usr/ucb allowed the
> compile to proceed to completion.

Mea cupla.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Further experimentation shows the same error.
Only thing I can figure was that I was compiling version 1.2.2 (always
compiled fine), which I was comparing to p1 at the time, and never noticed
it.

Back to square one, or perhaps not... I tried copying the Makefile generated
by the v1.2.2 distribution into p1, after modifying LDFLAGS and LIBOBJS, and
lo, it compiles! Looks like it runs too, so far...

Perhaps more problems have snuck into configure?

-David Hesprich