A few more Solaris 7 bugs in 1.2.3pre2

Mate Wierdl mw at moni.msci.memphis.edu
Tue Mar 14 02:44:30 EST 2000

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 12:37:44AM -0500, Jay at aol.com wrote:
> These are all in the port of 1.2.3pre2:
>
> - configure accepts --includedir, but doesn't seem to pass it on to the
> Makefile.  You have to edit the Makefile manually if you have include files
> anywhere but /usr/include.  Which is a problem because...
>
> - The Makefile doesn't include /usr/local/include by default, which is where
> zlib installs itself by default.  Probably oughta be in there.  Same with
> /usr/local/lib.  If you install your gcc to the default directory /usr/local,
I had a problem which might be related to this: while openssh compiles
fine, when I try to run ssh as a nonprivileged user, it complains not
being able to find zlib (libz.so).  When I run ssh as root, all is
well.

This is on Solaris 2.6 (+ many patches of 2.7).

> - The man pages don't format properly ("what nroff" gives roff: n1.c 2.13).
> All the text runs together into one long paragraph.  I am unfamiliar with
> writing man and nroff, and my attempts to fix things just made it worse.

I verify the above.  Maybe we need to install groff?

Mate
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis