openssh-1.2.3pre2 on HP-UX

Otmar Stahl O.Stahl at lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 15 01:07:05 EST 2000

Hi,

I just did a test installation of openssh-1.2.3pre2 on a "trusted" HP-UX
system. Compilation went fine, but only after changing /usr/include to
/usr/local/include in Makefile. Without this change I got the following
error:

gcc -o ssh ssh.o sshconnect.o log-client.o readconf.o clientloop.o -L.
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssh -lz  -lsec -lcrypto

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   __builtin_va_start (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error exit code 1

Everything seems to work ok now, but I am still getting errors in the syslog
of the form:

... sshd[26178]: error: ioctl I_PUSH ttcompat: Invalid argument

Regards,
Otmar Stahl