ANNOUNCE: portable openssh-2.1.0

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed May 10 22:43:14 EST 2000

>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Friedl
>>>>> <markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

JimC> But it is still defaulting to protocol 1 even though I have 2,1
JimC> in the sshd_config files.

Markus> who defaults to what?

Markus> for the server 1,2 or 2,1 does not matter since it's the
Markus> client who decides what protocol to speak to the server.

D'oh.

Added Protocol command to ssh_config as well.  Now I get what I want.

JimC> Finally, ssh -2 -v is unusable for interactive use; it prints
JimC> debug messages for all data transfered; this does not occur when
JimC> using protocol 1.*.

Markus> -v is for debugging.

Yes, but it is also useful to compare -v traces with various
encryption, compression and now protocol options to discover what
works best between given endpoints.  Doing so requires typical usage
across the session....

Markus> if ssh has been tested by more people, some messages will be
Markus> removed.

Cool.

Lest there be any misunderstanding, I like.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.  <URL:http://jhcloos.com/public_key> 1024D/ED7DAEA6
<cloos at jhcloos.com>  E9E9 F828 61A4 6EA9 0F2B  63E7 997A 9F17 ED7D AEA6