Another shapshot

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Nov 5 11:38:47 EST 2000

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 01:33:41AM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> I cannot claim to understand what's going on inside auth-skey.c before
> printing the "otp-..." stuff - it takes some bytes that and adds them
> to create the sequence number, and those bytes have been massaged by SHA1
> before.  No idea what that does and whether that's the way it should
> be...

Idea.  What it does is:

 ptr = (up[2] + up[3]) % 99 ...

- do, by chance, the first 4 bytes of "up" contain a long int and the code
is adding the two "low bytes" together?  I'm on a big endian machine
(PowerPC) and if that is so, this might need byte-swapping...

Just a random thought too late in the night :-)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de