HP-UX: sshd[11336]: Cannot delete credentials: Permission denied

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Tue Nov 7 01:58:06 EST 2000

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Ulrich Windl wrote:
: I get the syslog message
: Oct 31 17:00:02 rkdvmhp1 sshd[11336]: Cannot delete credentials:
: Permission denied

It's a known issue with an unknown explanation.  I've asked the HP PAM
guys and they weren't sure what it was and haven't had time to pursue
it. I think Solaris PAM does the same thing.  Note that I believe
starting at 2.2.0 that message is logged at debug, which means you won't
see it unless you're logging debug in sshd and syslog.