suggested bsd-setproctitle.c

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Wed Nov 8 02:16:33 EST 2000

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Kevin Steves wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Kevin Steves wrote:
> : ok, in main() programs we need to have:
> :
> : #ifndef HAVE___PROGNAME
> : const char *__progname = "foo";
> : #else
> : extern char *__progname;
> : #endif
>
> How does the attached patch work?  I tested on HP-UX
> !defined(HAVE___PROGNAME) and Linux defined(HAVE___PROGNAME).  I don't
> use const now to keep things consistent, and went back to #ifdef
> HAVE___PROGNAME.

I'll try it later on, but just skimming the patch it seems to do the same
thing that I did last night.  I would have posted my patch (which looks
just like it, but I left the 'const' in) last night if QWORST (US West +
Qwest) did not take out my ISP's Virtual ATM Circuit for DSL service for
almost 5 hours.  <sigh>

- Ben