RedHat sshd.init script typo ?

Mate Wierdl mw at moni.msci.memphis.edu
Wed Nov 8 06:46:44 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 10:54:43AM -0700, Smith, Donald  wrote:
> Ok if you exit
> $(The_Return_Value_Of_The_killproc_AND_the_return_value_of_the_rm_Of_the_loc
> k)
> then I guess this makes sense. Odviously if the lock can't be removed that
> error should be
> reported also.

RH only wants to report whether a service was successfully
terminated/started---this is why they *explicitly* return with $RETVAL
and not with the exit status of the stop() function.

What I said in my previous post was wrong, though: the exit status of
stop() is not used anywhere as far as I can tell.

Mate