openssh-2.3.0p1 bug: vsprintf("%h") is broken

Dan Astoorian djast at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Nov 9 10:31:54 EST 2000

On Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:00:44 EST, I wrote:
> I discovered this in openssh-2.3.0p1; it may affect earlier versions as
> well.
>
> Platforms: Solaris 2.5.1 and 8, probably others.

Apologies for leaving out a critical detail: the compiler was gcc 2.7.2.

The problem does not appear when Sun's Workshop compiler (5.0,
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc) is used to compile bsd-snprintf.c.

--                          People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Dan Astoorian               loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's
Sysadmin, CSLab             not, it's better to have loved and won.  All
djast at cs.toronto.edu        the other options really suck.    --Dan Redican