OpenSSH-2.3.0p1 - debug: no match: OpenSSH_2.3.0p1

John H. Robinson, IV jhriv at ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 15 02:47:43 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 09:08:14AM +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
>
> I noticed that too; a warning is generated in verbose mode for that.
>
> I took it to mean that there are no bugs or incompatibilities with OpenSSH
> 2.3.0 <-> OpenSSH 2.3.0.  As well as there shouldn't be! ;-)

based upon your interpretation, i took a look at the source for compat.c
in openssh-2.20p1 and 2.1.1p4, and i failed to notice any strings that
match openssh at all. it seems to be limited to only the datafellows
product.

i can tell you why i got scared: i saw a new message in verbose that i
had never seen before, and not understanding it, i went to the source.

not understanding the source, i went to the list :)

thank you for clearing that up for me.

-john