New snapshot

sen_ml at eccosys.com sen_ml at eccosys.com
Wed Nov 15 12:56:25 EST 2000

From: Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de>
Subject: Re: New snapshot
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:49:41 +0100

> I can somewhat understand the RSA/DSA issue (RSA patent?) but having a
> third key, RSA again but incompatible to ssh1 makes this really confusing.

iirc, no more rsa patent, so imo that's not the reason.  i don't know
the reason for a second type of rsa key.  perhaps that has already been
mentioned or will be touched upon.

however, concerning multiple public key algorithm choice, consider the
following scenario...one day you wake up to find that rsa algorithm
has been broken.  what are you going to do?  oh look, we've also got
the choice of using dsa.  good thing we're able to use alternative
algorithms in our protocol!  ;-)