Strange channel 0 error

Jason Holland jphollan at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 07:48:12 EST 2000

hello,
  i'm getting a very strange error in my system logs.  maybe someone can
help out.  the server is an hp-ux 11.00 box, running openssh 2.3.0p1, and
the client is a redhat 6.2 box running the same version.  running 'ssh -l
root espage ls' from the hp box to the linux box yields this jem in the
syslog.

Nov 16 14:41:49 espage sshd[23974]: error: channel 0: internal error: we do
not read, but chan_read_failed for istate 8

making that connection is slow, 45 seconds to get the output from the above
command.  from the linux box to the hp box, there is no problem.  is this
error related to the slowdown??  or are they 2 seperate beasts??  any clues.
i appreciate the help!

Jason