To Do list...

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Sat Nov 18 11:27:10 EST 2000

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 09:48:39AM -0800, Tim Rice wrote:
> > > Programming:
> > > - Replacement for setproctitle() - HP/UX support only currently
> > > - Improve PAM support (a pam_lastlog module will cause sshd to exit)
> > > - Complete Tru64 SIA support
> >
> > Support systems that do not have 64bit int and do not have long long.
>
> This would uglify such code massively.  Are there systems that have a
> reasonable user base and can not use gcc (which has long long on all 32
> bit platforms)?

I really don't have a clue about the size of the user base.
The platforms I know about are the vendor supplied compilers
for UnixWare 2.0x, UnixWare 2.1.x & SCO Open Server 5.
I just don't like the idea of requiring gcc when the system
allready has a perfectly good C compiler.
In the case ot SCO Open Server 5, the compiler is an additional
cost item so many people will just load gcc.
I purposly do not load gcc on my systems that I have the vendor's
development system on so I can make sure that software works with
the vendor's compiler. I have gcc on SCO 3.2v4.2, Solaris 7, Caldera
eDesktop 2.x, & RedHat 6.2. But I use the vendor's development
system on UnixWare 2.03, UnixWare 2.1.3, UnixWare 7.1.0, & SCO Open
Server 5.0.4.

I usually don't send any portability patches untill i've tested
on all of those systems. But now three of them will not even
compile the first program.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net