To Do list...

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Nov 19 05:38:21 EST 2000

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> > > Documentation:
> > > - More and better
> > > - Install FAQ?
> > > - General FAQ on S/Key, TIS, RSA, RSA2, DSA, etc and suggestions on when it
> > >   would be best to use them.
> > > - Create a Documentation/ directory?
> >
> > - Add man pages to configure so that pathnames will be correct, not the
> >defaults.
> >

> You looking for a --with-manpath=  type option so you can install the
> manpages within the /usr/man/manX location intend of locating it with the
> rest of the package?

No, I meant that configure should replace all instances of e.g.
/etc/sshd_config with $sysconfdir/sshd_config etc.

This shouldn't be too difficult to do if you can assume perl can be used
at compile time (I guess it can) [1].  Or maybe not too
difficult, otherwise, either.

[1] perl -pi -e s"|@@SYSCONFDIR@@|$sysconfdir|g manpages
or the like

It looks like the original OpenSSH isn't autoconfized, though, so this
might create a small rift for manpages.

Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi      not those you stumble over and fall"