blanks in filenames

Björn Jacke bjacke at suse.de
Tue Nov 21 23:29:27 EST 2000

Hi,

When there is a blank in the name scp doesn't work correctly:

bjacke at lamarr:~ > scp -v telefon.cgi lamarr:a\ directory/
Executing: program /usr/bin/ssh host lamarr, user (unspecified), command
scp -v -t ein directory/
Enter passphrase for RSA key 'unon at rzstud1':
scp: ambiguous target
bjacke at lamarr:~ >

By the way ... -v seems to be broken for scp in openssh 2.3. I use
openssh 2.3.0p1.

Another problem which looks a bit more complicated to me are IPv6 IPs.
They have : as delimiter so that this makes big problems if one wants to
use a IPv6 IP (e.g. you don't have a name for a host but just the IP)
and ssh also uses : for seperation of host and file name. Has anyone a
good idea how to solve this problem?

Ciao,
 Björn

Björn Jacke ·  E-Mail: bjacke at suse.de
SuSE GmbH   ·  Schanzäckerstr. 10  ·  90443 Nürnberg  ·  Germany