StrictHostKeyChecking

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 02:41:23 EST 2000

Long ago, when I wrote the ssh config file on my desktop box, ssh
(which might have been the non-openssh one) took 3 possible values for
the StrictHostKeyChecking option - yes, no & ask.

Today, when I attempted to connect to a new machine, with no DNS
entries (so using IP address) from my desktop box, ssh (now 2.3.0p1)
SEGVed.  Looks like there is some subtle interaction between having an
illegal value for StrictHostKeyChecking, an ip address target (I am
sure I have done this before with named hosts) and a host that is not
in known_hosts.

	Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]