X forwarding

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Fri Sep 15 03:36:10 EST 2000

This is probably a commonly asked question...that, or I'm missing
something significant, here.

I'm using an OpenSSH 2.2.1p4 client, with OpenSSH 1.2.3 for the server;
I'm trying to display a remote X app back to my desktop; everytime I try
it, I get:

remote.server$ xcalc
channel 0: istate 4 != open
channel 0: ostate 64 != open
X connection to remote.server:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown).

Is this an xauth thing, or an incompatibility thing, or?

TIA!

Later,
Paul
  J. Paul Reed                preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
  If you put a gun to my head and said  "Name ten great bands that have
  come out in the last 5 years," you'd be wiping my brains off the wall.
                                                         -- Trent Reznor