Makefile.in diff against CVS to prevent man/config rebuild every make

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Fri Apr 27 09:57:26 EST 2001

--On Thursday, April 26, 2001 6:39 PM -0500 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
wrote:

> So we go from rebuilding every time to building once.  Even if the .out
> have files change.  The first is anonying, the latter is unacceptable. =)

Huh???

carson:john 0 $ make

carson:john 0 $ touch sftp.1

carson:john 0 $ make
if test "man" = "cat"; then \
        manpage=`echo scp.1.out | sed 's/\.[1-9].out$/\.0/'`; \
else \
        manpage=`echo scp.1.out | sed 's/.out$//'`; \
fi; \
etc., etc.

If you hand-edit the .out files, of course they don't get rebuilt. They're
not source files, they're output files. What's your beef?

--
Carson