OpenSSH 2.4?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Feb 4 03:08:40 EST 2001

hi,

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 09:52:58PM -0800, Tim Rice wrote:
> Don't forget the test -S problem.

Just tried openssh_cvs "up-to-date" on SCO 3.2v4.2, and "test -S" is still
there... (configure redone by "autoconf" after "cvs update -d").

There is another problem in configure with the library order when testing
for s/key - it tries the following:

configure:6996: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall  -Dftruncate=chsize -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/ssl conftest.c -lintl -lz -lsocket  -lgen -lsocket -los -lprot -lx -ltinfo -lm -lcrypto  -lskey 1>&5

which bombs with:

undefined                       first referenced
strftime                            /usr/local/lib/libskey.a
nap                                 /usr/local/lib/libskey.a
gethostname                         /usr/local/lib/libskey.a
 ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

because those are in -lintl (strftime), -lx (nap) and -lsocket
(gethostname), which have to be linked *after* -lskey.  So maybe -lskey
should come first in the library search order that "configure" is trying?

(It will at least make configure run through :-) ).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de