Could not find working SSLeay?

William Wilson william.wilson at NAU.EDU
Tue Feb 6 02:52:00 EST 2001

I'm installing openssl 0.9.5a and openssh 2.3.0p1 on an Ultra 5 running
Solaris 8 with the latest cluster patch.  Openssl installed without any
problems.  When I do a configure for openssh I get:

	Checking for OpenSSL directory. . . configure: error: Could not find
working SSLeay /
		OpenSSL libraries, please install

I've reinstalled openssl and everything is there.  As a note I've installed
this on a number of Solaris 2.6 machines without any problems.  Any ideas?

* William Wilson - Northern AZ Univ
* william.wilson at nau.edu  *** http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~wew