UnixWare 2.03 patch

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jan 5 10:20:34 EST 2001

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 04:14:15PM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Tim Rice wrote:
> > Here is a patch to help UnixWare 2.03 along.
> >
> > No if we could only change utimes() back to utime() in scp.c & sftp-server.c
> > we would have a working versin for Unixware 2.03 and SCO 3.2v4.2
> >
> One could always write a utime() emulation via utimes().

Yes, but this leaves my previous question unanswered: why bother with
emulating utimes() via utime(), instead of using the more portable utime()
directly?

The only benefit of utimes() is the millisecond resolution, which
OpenSSH doesn't use (at least not last time I checked, tv_usec was
explicitely set to 0).

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from *Aichach*
... mobile phone: +49 177 2160221 ... or mail me:  gert at greenie.muc.de