New configuration scripts for Cygwin

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 19:09:24 EST 2001

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 12:34:58AM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I have attached two new shell scripts `ssh-host-config' and
> > `ssh-user-config' which will replace the script `ssh-config'
> > in the next Cygwin OpenSSH release.
> >
> > Could somebody with write access please remove
> >
> Done.
>
> There was an S/Key change that I commited tonight.  Could you verify that
> auth1.c around like 325 if that is the correct location for that little
> CYGWIN, or if it should go after the root checking case.  Assuming that
> the root check is even valid under Cygwin.

For some reason I don't get your changes from CVS. I just tried it
and it doesn't contain any changes.

However, a root check isn't valid for Cygwin. Admins are either
non existant (Windows 9x/ME) or they are a whole group of people
having a combination of special "user rights" (NT/W2K).

A portable solution for root checks at all would be to substitute
all checks for uid/gid 0 by two OS dependent check_uid_root(uid),
check_gid_root() functions.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen