strange scp error on HPUX 11

Jeff Layton jtlayton at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 11 22:35:44 EST 2001

Hi,
  I recently built openssh 2.9p2 on HP-UX 11 using GCC-3.0. ssh seems to
work fine, but scp gives the following error whenever I try to use it
(some names changed to protect the guilty).  It seems to treat the first
argument as a hostname no matter whether it is or not. Any
perfectly legal scp invocation gives the same error (with the
first argument as the offending hostname). Anyone else seeing this
problem?

dilly at gauss:~/src$ scp -v bison-1.28.tar.gz hoohoo at foo.bar.baz:/tmp
OpenSSH_2.9p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f
debug1: Reading configuration data /opt/openssh/etc/ssh_config
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Seeded RNG with 24 bytes from programs
debug1: Seeded RNG with 3 bytes from system calls
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
trusted.
debug1: restore_uid
debug1: ssh_connect: getuid 501 geteuid 501 anon 1
scp: bison-1.28.tar.gz: no address associated with hostname.
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x4000b102(0x0)
debug1: writing PRNG seed to file /home/dilly/.ssh/prng_seed
dilly at gauss:~/src$

--
Jeff Layton (jtlayton at bigfoot.com)

    "Down that path lies madness. On the other hand, the road to hell is
     paved with melting snowballs."
        -- Larry Wall