contrib/solaris/build-pkg

Irving Popovetsky irving at samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com
Thu May 3 05:22:51 EST 2001

Howdy,

	I have some stuff that I've been waiting to contribute.    It
initially started as a new ssh initscript for Solaris (which I sent to Rip
Loomis),  but has evolved into my own (and very different) build
system that I've been using to roll out OpenSSH, and its worked out quite
nicely (for me, at least).

	Its got a lot of crap and features that you may not want
(including a patch I submitted a long time ago to recognize rlogin/slogin
better, that never got committed).

	This build system is meant to be entirely standalone.  It actually
goes and fetches all the software it needs, builds it in a pseudo-sandbox,
and puts everything together.

I'm not promising a magic-bullet here, or perfect code, but I
thought I would throw it out for people to poke at and see what they
think.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

-Irving Popovetsky