Processes left unkilled (portable)

Danek Duvall duvall at emufarm.org
Mon Oct 29 04:13:50 EST 2001

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 10:20:57AM +0100, Markus Friedl wrote:

> the killing has been removed completely.
> could you please try a recent snapshot from
> 	http://www.openssh.com/portable.html

Indeed, now both processes are orphaned.  That's not the behavior I'd
expect, honestly.  I would expect that the command started on the remote
end would be the leader of its own process group, and if it didn't want
it and its children to die, that it would call setsid() or setpgid().

I didn't see anything in the ChangeLog that addressed this explicitly;
is there a reason for it?

Thanks,
Danek