openssh and multiple ports

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Wed Sep 5 04:14:26 EST 2001

Hi,

I must access several hosts through reverse masquerading gateways
which are visible on the Internet under a single IP address,
with different ports (2, 22, 222, 2222 etc..) forwarding to port 22
of various internal ssh servers, each with its own hostkey.

This setup totally confuses the openssh client because it does not store
the port numbers in the known_hosts* file, and thus falsely detects host
key mismatches!!

Is there any hope of resolving this situation soon?

Also, how about supporting the "ssh user at host#port" number syntax, instead
of requiring the -p option?

Both issues are handled properly by the ssh.c*m proprietary implementation.

Best regards
Marc

PS: Please Cc: any replies directly to me as I am not on the list.