openssh and multiple ports

Adam McKenna adam-dated-1000197326.d36912 at flounder.net
Thu Sep 6 18:35:26 EST 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:12:07PM -0700, Carson Gaspar wrote:

> --On Tuesday, September 04, 2001 3:09 PM -0400 "Loomis, Rip"
> <GILBERT.R.LOOMIS at saic.com> wrote:
>
> >Having said that, I don't see that the -p port option is
> >so onerous as to make it worth implementing the #port
> >method.
>
> It wouldn't be so bad is ssh and scp used the _same_ option for an
> alternate port, but they don't. <sigh>

Sorry to add more fuel to this fire, but since we're having the discussion
anyway, it bears mentioning that SCP claims to support copying files
between *two* remote machines.  (i.e., using a third machine as an
intermediate).  This breaks if ssh is running on a different port on either
machine.  There should be a way to set the port for both source and
destination.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <adam at flounder.net>   | GPG: 17A4 11F7 5E7E C2E7 08AA