scp doesn't work with large (>2GB) files

M.C. Vernon mcv21 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 22:14:41 EST 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> > Using O_LARGEFILE is probably the least worst solution to this problem on
> > Linux at least.

<snip>

I took a random sample, and tried cat. strace output suggests that it does
use this flag.

> I think you missed my point.

> I am not saying that ssh code now doesn't need to use this absolute
> BULLSHIT.

That's good.

> I am saying that you guys who can influence Linux development have
> stood on the wayside and permitted complete bullshit.

The influence I have (or indeed have had) on Linux[1] development is
roughly zero.

Matthew

[1]or the kernel and libc at least.
--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."