Scads of defunct processes ins AIX 4.3.3

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 15 08:25:08 EST 2001

How are you starting the initial sshd daemon?  If through
/etc/inittab, make sure that the action is not set to "respawn", but
is "once".  Better would be to just call a script that starts the
daemon after checking some things.

Perhaps I'm off-base here; in any case, I'd be happy to help you if
you provide more information.

--Sandy