Call for testers.

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 17 07:39:10 EST 2001

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Damien Miller wrote:
> It is static in the lastest CVS.

Which is why my prototype was also static.  The way you have the code
now, the addition of the "static" keyword just adds an extra warning
because it is first declared to be external (by implication) and then
declared to be static.  If you don't want to include the prototype, you
need to move the function up in the file.

> Do we even need this function? It appears identical to record_login()
> except it takes one less argumentm which isn't used anyway.

Yes, it's needed because it calls login_utmp_only() rather than
login_login().  You could merge the two functions together, but that
might make it harder to sync up with the BSD version.

> this appears to make the wtmpx_write_entry() call only if we are not
> using utmpx. Could you explain this a little more?

This eliminates a duplicate entry in the "last" log.  It's one of the
weirdnesses of the Solaris login process when UseLogin is true that
you can't call WTMPX before running "login".

..wayne..