ssh client hangs on exit!

hari sekar a_ghsek at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 17 14:13:16 EST 2001

To whomsoever it may concern,
   I have compiled openssh-2.9p2 in LynxOS and it
works fine. But there is one problem. The ssh client
program hangs on exit. I run the sshd server in LynxOS
and connect from a ssh client in Linux system. This is
the debug output that I get:
< sshd running in LynxOS on i386 machine>
# ./sshd -d
debug1: Seeding random number generator
debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_2.9p2
debug1: private host key: #0 type 0 RSA1
debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
debug1: private host key: #1 type 1 RSA
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: private host key: #2 type 2 DSA
debug1: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0.
Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22.
Generating 768 bit RSA key.
RSA key generation complete.
debug1: Server will not fork when running in debugging
mode.
Connection from 192.168.0.126 port 1022
debug1: Client protocol version 1.5; client software
version OpenSSH_2.1.1
debug1: match: OpenSSH_2.1.1 pat ^OpenSSH[-_]2\.[012]
debug1: Local version string SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_2.9p2
debug1: Sent 768 bit server key and 1024 bit host key.
debug1: Encryption type: 3des
debug1: Received session key; encryption turned on.
debug1: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug1: Attempting authentication for harit.
Accepted password for harit from 192.168.0.126 port
1022
debug1: session_new: init
debug1: session_new: session 0
debug1: Allocating pty.
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 7 (0x7)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 12 (0xc)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 13 (0xd)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 14 (0xe)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 18 (0x12)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 41 (0x29)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 60 (0x3c)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 61 (0x3d)
debug1: Ignoring unsupported tty mode opcode 62 (0x3e)
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: fd 7 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: fd 8 IS O_NONBLOCK
debug1: server_init_dispatch_13
debug1: server_init_dispatch_15
debug1: Received SIGCHLD.

<ssh program running in Linux system on i386>
lynx1> exit
logout

and then hangs. I don't get such problems if I connect
to a ssh server running on a Linux machine. It has
been mentioned in openssh website's FAQ section that
this problem exists on Linux and HP machines. If so,
what is the reason for this? Is there a way out?

    Can anyone help me fix the problem?
Thanks in advance,
Hari.