ssh argv[0] support

Matthew Vernon matthew at debian.org
Thu Sep 20 19:04:41 EST 2001

Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com> writes:

> Why would you want this feature anyways???
>
> It doesn't scale, for one, and is just ugly, not to mention the fact
> that it pollutes the command namespace and that namespace collisions
> could break your scripts?

This feature is desired, AIUI, at least partly because rsh did it, and
people expect ssh to be a drop-in replacement to some extent (in the
same way as rcp/scp, for example).

Matthew

[1]I wouldn't use it myself, but apparantly Debian users do.

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."