Patch to allow local port forwarding from an existing connection

Brian Wellington bwelling at xbill.org
Sat Sep 22 10:26:16 EST 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Markus Friedl wrote:

> i thought about read_passphrase:

I'm still not convinced that read_passphrase is a good idea.

Hitting ^C and Enter from the command line causes ssh to quit.  The signal
handling stuff in my first patch prevents this by simply ignoring ^C when
fgets is called.

Ignoring ^C might not be the best idea, but having ^C terminate ssh is
worse.  Maybe the right solution is to add a flag like RP_IGNORESIGNALS to
read_passphrase, which ignores SIGINT instead of blocking it.  Presumably
^Z should be handled the same way, since suspending ssh after the command
is entered is also not desirable.

Brian