OpenSSH 2.9.9

Hank Leininger hlein at progressive-comp.com
Thu Sep 27 20:03:19 EST 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Markus Friedl wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 12:57:32AM -0400, Hank Leininger wrote:
> > I think it's worth mentioning that (according to changelog entries
> > from 20010914) this release also includes the 'keys restricted with
> > command=xxx still allow subsystems such as sftp' fix.
>
> not all bug fixes are mentioned in the annoucement.

No, true ;)

But in my environments anyway, the bypassing of command="" restrictions
had much larger potential impact than the bug in from="" restrictions,
even if the former was arguably not even a bug, just an interestingly
undocumented feature/commonly misunderstood interaction ;)  Thus I was
surprised it was not mentioned in the announcement (which actually says
'fixes a weakness in the key file option handling...'
      ^^^), did the homework to confirm it was indeed in (and hadn't
been pulled, or not merged from the OpenBSD version in time for some
reason, or whatever) and thought I'd save other inquiring minds the
trouble.

Maybe I just need more sleep.  :-P

Thanks,

Hank Leininger <hlein at progressive-comp.com>
E407 AEF4 761E D39C D401  D4F4 22F8 EF11 861A A6F1