X.509 support in ssh (revisited)

Thanos Siaperas thanus at ccf.auth.gr
Thu Jan 24 01:46:43 EST 2002

Hi there,

Forgive me for repeating a question asked about a year ago:

 >  Hi,
 >
 >  Just wondered if anyone had got the following to work or if there
are any
 >  plans to add this functionality.
 >
 >  * X.509 certificate support for authentication. As used in the likes of
 >  stunnel, mod_ssl etc for client auth.
 >
 >  * Directory based (LDAP) key lookup. Either for X.509 public certs or
 >  standard ssh public key.
 >
 >  Many thanks,
 >
 >  Andrew Back
 >  Messaging & Directory Services Architect
 >  Iomart

We are considering upgrading our ssh infrastructure, from the previous
one (f-secure)
to OpenSSH or ssh.com's SSH.
ssh.com' SSH supports certificate authentication in their commercial
version.
If, though, there is at least any work in progress for implementing this
to opensshd,
we may tend towards it.

Thanks for your attention,

Thanos Siaperas