DH keys exchanged - encoding?

Manik Surtani manik.surtani at conchango.com
Thu Jul 4 23:55:04 EST 2002

Hi,

Could anyone pls help by telling me how the DH pubkey from the server
(f) is encoded when it is sent back to me?  I understand that it comes
across as an mpint, but after I decode the mpint into the bytes that
make up the number, what does this number represent?  Is it a X509
encoded key?  Or is it something else?

The reason for my question:  I am trying to write a ssh client in Java,
using JCE for the crypto.  When I get the server key, and use the raw
bytes to create an X509EncodedKeySpec, I get errors relating to invalid
data ...

Help appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Manik Surtani
Conchango

T 44 (0) 1784 221829
M 44 (0) 7786 702 706
E manik.surtani at conchango.com

http://www.conchango.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us as soon as possible. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.