UseLogin under AIX 4.3.3

Edward Geraghty edgy at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 1 00:42:21 EST 2002

Hey Doug,

      This is probably the well known /var/adm/wtmp, /etc/utmp  corruption
bug.
There is a IBM tech note to fix this but basically just backup and clear
/var/adm/wtmp and
/etc/utmp. This can be done in any method you like "cat /dev/null >
filename". Also check
to see that your diskspace for / and /var is not filled. I think this
problem came about
when disk space fills and utmp/wtmp are incompletely written.

EdGy

"Manton, Doug" <dmanton at emea.att.com>@mindrot.org on 02/28/2002 06:49:32

Sent by:    openssh-unix-dev-admin at mindrot.org